Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Skitter

Step, step, step go my feet on the way into town.
Click, click, click go the cross-lights that guide my way.
People stream, in and out, of buildings and through the streets,
Oh! Such a wonderful day it is, to be on errands in town!

Hand the man my card and load money into it from another card,
"Thank You Sir, Good day Sir", and I'm on my way again.

Hand the lady my card, to load money into a magic vault,
"Thank You Maam, Good day Maam", and I'm on my way again.

Drop a cheque into a silent box, magic money for the physician I see,
Clip, clop, clip, clop and I'm on my way again.

I look left and I look right and people still stream around,
and Oh again! Such a wonderful day it is to be on errands in town!

I still my mind but keep my pace, I'm not my body - I'm more,
My legs are tools and not all me, the same as the car or the bike.

I open my mind and stillness I feel, all is calm and well.
I open my mind and awe I feel, for the magic that I'd missed.
I'm part of it and I'm away from it, the unyeilding spirits that drive the 'all'.

I feel the sun on my face and back, I feel it move right through,
Oh! Such a wonderful day it is, to be alive and to be 'me'!

No comments: