Monday, June 22, 2009

Love

Far from perfect, but closer every day.
Or I like to think that way anyway.

After 3 and a half years what is this love?
How do I feel, and is it still love?

I know it's love and not need or comfort,
because I don't flinch or fear when I feel it might be slipping away.

I know it's love and not need or comfort,
because I feel completely fine all by myself.

I know it's love and not an ego-trip,
because all I want to do is give and give love.

I know it's love and not safety,
because I feel like being there stretches limits. It's an adventure.

I know it's love, and not just infatuation or passion,
because the more things there are to work on, the more I want to get to work.

I know it's love, and not just infatuation or passion,
because everyday it's a choice to be there, it's my choice - it's what I choose to do.

I know she's a fit, a match and a kindred spirit,
because when we talk it feels in sync, and there's so many similarities.

I know there's still passion,
for when I see her, at times, it brings fire to my bones.

There's a lot of things I don't know, but I know this is where I want to be.
This is who I want to be here with.
And we're going where I want to go.

I hope she's happy.
I hope we're going where she wants to go.
And daily I'll try to make sure that that's so =o)

No comments: