Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Really Nice.


I've often commented that modern day, high quality photographs don't really sit well with me. They make me a little... uncomfortable.

How can a photograph look richer, more vivid, and more detailed than reality itself? It feels a little...'sacrilegious'.

But what is, is - i guess.

The point is, I've mentioned this to many people, and I've drawn many blank faces. Last night however, for the first time, someone understood and felt the same way.

It's really nice, to share familiar feelings :)

They recommended me "Simulacra and Simulation" by Jean Baudrillard.

1 comment:

Isha Ethera said...

haha i dont know why, but it reminds me of the commercial for the new "HD Sunglasses" haha, its pretty funny.

I think its just people like to make it into art, and it sometimes is very pretty to see visually stimulating photos, for some people its art.