Monday, May 18, 2009

Mish Mash

"I shall pass this way but once; any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness that I can show to any human being, let me do it now. Let me not defer nor reglect it, for I shall not pass this way again."

- a quote from one of my favorite books, How To Win Friends And Influence People. It always reminds me of the little things I so often forget to attend to.

As most people when they read the book, I've been seeing recently with new eyes. I've been noticing all the wonderful people that surround me each day, and I've been noticing all the good things that they do. I've been trying to 'bracket' more when dealing with people, and it's amazing the difference it makes, what you can learn.

Bracketing - "the temporary giving up or setting aside of one's own prejudices, frames of reference and desires so as to experience as far as possible the speaker's world from the inside, step in inside his or her shoes".

They're techniques and skills which seem so common sense, but which are used so infrequently. It's amazing.

And besides all that...
the sunsets have been wonderful the last few days. Absolutely breathtaking.

I've loved living in the apartment, it's so clean and fine and bright and airey.
I've loved living in a place so full of love.

It's given me a great energy to go out into the world with.
I like the idea of sharing happiness, and lighting little sparks of positive energy wherever I go.

We'll get there ;)

Things are going really well...
really well... =o)

No comments: